Friday, February 5, 2010

Love people

Most people still choose to see the world through "filters" of consciousness. It’s like wearing rose-coloured glasses. Everything appears to be rose tinted. And each of us has some tinted awareness inside.

So how do you clear away all the untrue impressions and mistaken beliefs that have been stored in your consciousness for such a long, long time?

The answer is: by becoming aware of them. And interestingly enough, this is accomplished not by looking for them, but by praise, gratitude and love for everything and everyone in the universe.

One of the devouts who had deeply plunged his head into the cowl of meditation and had been immersed in the ocean of visions, was asked, when he had come out of that state, by one of his companions who had desired to cheer him up:

'What beautiful gift hast thou brought us from the garden in which thou hast been?' He replied: 'I intended to fill the skirts of my robe with roses, when I reached the rose-tree, as presents for my friends but the perfume of the flowers intoxicated me so much that I let, go the hold of my skirts.'

I remember first reading this. It touched something very deep in me. So deep, in fact, I can't even find words to adequately describe the feeling that surfaced. It's enough to say a tremendous wave of emotion washed over me, and I began crying without really understanding why.

O bird of the morning, learn love from the moth because it burnt, lost its life, and found no voice.

These words echo in my consciousness. Even now! You can learn something from every person you encounter in your life.

O thou who art above all imaginations, conjectures, opinions and ideas, Above anything people have said or we have heard or read, The assembly is finished and life has reached its term and we have, as at first, remained powerless in describing thee.

So, my friends! If you have love, family, health, good humour and a positive attitude towards life, you've got everything! You can't buy any of these things. You can have all the material possessions imaginable. Provisions for the future, but if you are poor of spirit, you have nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Visitor Counter